Nature’s fury knows no bounds, and when it comes to hurricanes and tropical storms, being prepared is crucial. Storms can wreak havoc on our surroundings, particularly regarding trees. As a responsible tree care company, Absolute Trees understands the importance of storm preparation and cleanup.
In this blog, we will explore essential tips to help you protect your property, mitigate potential damage, and ensure a prompt recovery following a storm. Furthermore, we’ll discuss how we can help with the best storm cleanup service in Mt Pleasant.
Preparing for the Storm
Regarding storm preparation, Absolute Trees aims to make the process as easy as possible. By trimming trees in advance, whether weak or dead, we effectively minimize the threat of property or power line damage. Beyond that, you can take a few steps further to minimize a hurricane’s or tropical storm’s effects.
- Stay Informed: Monitor weather updates and heed warnings issued by local authorities. Keep a reliable source of information, such as a weather app or radio, handy to stay updated on the storm’s progress.
- Develop a Plan: Create an emergency plan for your family and establish a communication strategy. Identify a safe location within your property and establish designated evacuation meeting points.
- Secure Outdoor Furniture and Equipment: Move or secure any outdoor furniture, potted plants, or equipment that could become airborne during high winds. This minimizes the risk of objects damaging trees and structures or causing injury.
Protecting Trees During the Storm
When you know a storm is on its way, there are a few ways to protect the trees on your property. Whether working with Absolute Trees or preparing on your own, there are several ways to safeguard your trees, including those found below.
- Reinforce Weak Trees: Identify any structurally weak or leaning trees on your property. Consult with Absolute Trees to assess their stability and determine if additional support, such as cabling or bracing, is necessary.
- Install Tree Guards: Wrap young or vulnerable trees with sturdy tree guards or burlap to shield them from flying debris and strong winds. This protection can minimize damage and increase their chances of survival. At Absolute Trees, we provide tree bracing and cabling services to help protect their integrity.
- Avoid Staking: Contrary to popular belief, staking a tree before a storm can increase its vulnerability to wind damage. Allow trees to develop strong root systems naturally by avoiding excessive staking.
Once a hurricane or tropical storm has passed, storm cleanup is necessary to restore things to their previous state. With help from the experts at Absolute Trees, we’ll get your property cleaned and safe so you don’t have to worry about interruptions to your daily life.
- Prioritize Safety: After the storm has passed, prioritize safety above all else. Watch out for downed power lines, broken branches, and other hazards. Only undertake tasks that you are qualified and equipped to handle safely. Otherwise, let the experts at Absolute Trees restore things to normal.
- Assess Tree Damage: Inspect your trees for any signs of damage, such as broken branches, split trunks, or uprooted trees. For major damage, contact Absolute Trees to assess and address the situation safely.
- Prune Carefully: If you notice damaged branches, we’ll use proper pruning techniques to remove them safely. Making clean cuts just outside the branch collar, we’ll ensure the tree’s natural healing process is not hindered.
- Promote Recovery: Help your trees recover by watering them adequately, particularly if the storm brings heavy rains. Provide supplemental nutrients and monitor their health over time. Consulting with an arborist can provide valuable guidance during the recovery process.
Trust the Absolute Trees Experts for Your Storm Preparation and Cleanup Needs
When it comes to storm preparation and cleanup, proactive measures and Absolute Trees can make a world of difference. By following these essential tips, you can minimize the impact of hurricanes and tropical storms on your property and trees. Remember, safety should always be your top priority, so don’t hesitate to seek professional help when needed.
At Absolute Trees, we are committed to helping you weather the storm and protect the natural beauty around you. Contact us today for more tips or help with the trees on your residential or commercial property.